Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Miracles Upon Miracles 2

And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. Then came the Jews round about him, and said to him, how long do you make us to doubt? If you be the Christ, tell us plainly.

Jesus answered them, I told you, and you believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But you believe not, because you are not of my sheep, as I said to you.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do you stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, for a good work we stone you not; but for blasphemy; and because that you, being a man, make yourself God. John 10:23-33



DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES ...


A true miracle is an event in the external world brought about by a simple act of God, without the ability to be understood by the human senses. Miracles validate the divine commission of a religious teacher and the truth of his message. God ordinarily effects his purpose through the agency of second causes; but he has the power to change the fixed order, and thus of working miracles. As a result we have miracles, through God's hand intervening to control or reverse nature's ordinary movements. Miracles are above nature and beyond man's understanding. Miracles show God's power that is not limited by the laws either of matter or of mind. This power transcends the fixed laws which govern their movements, a supernatural power.


Now, wait a minute … do you really believe in miracles?

Would you bet your life on miracles?



This past week, a Christian friend of mine made an interesting point. We were discussing the presidential race and he pointed out that for many people in the world, the beliefs of Christians are just as hard to believe as those of Mormons. He was trying to explain why he did not have a problem voting for Romney, a Mormon.

My other friend, who was listening replied; “if you knew what Mormons actually believe, you would not make that statement.”
Well on this one, I would have to agree with both of them. I respect Romney as a person and think that he would be a far better president than Obama; but as my second friend contends many teachings of the Mormon religion are totally contrary to my Christian beliefs. In a perfect world, I would obviously rather have a born again conservative Christian president; but anyone of proven character is more desirable than a person who appears to be: sort of, pretending, to be a Christian.

So why as my first friend contends is Biblical Christianity so hard to for unbelievers to believe?

Well that is the topic of this post: Miracles Upon Miracles.

The first miracle is: Jesus the Savior, Messiah, and Teacher is actually presenting Himself as God the Creator.

Next, He presents His thousands of miracles as conclusive evidence.
The religious leaders called this blasphemy and sought to stone Jesus ...

what do you say?


As we all know, understanding miracles is beyond our human comprehension. As Jesus pointed out to the Jewish religious leaders; His miracles are the difference between Him and all of the others. The miracles of Christ noted here are in reality, only a small portion of the thousands of miracles He performed in His short walk on earth.

Surely, Jesus has performed many, many, more miracles than these ... every day ... from the first day of creation.


The religious leaders were testing Jesus; “tell us plainly who you are, they said” They were looking for the answer that Jesus eventually gave … so that they could attack Him for blasphemy. I and my Father are one, (He said) ... then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.”

Jesus continually repeated this Truth which ultimately resulted in His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins.


But Jesus also referred to much more here as well. “The works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me” The works that Jesus speaks of are the Miracles upon Miracles I want to touch upon today. You see … Jesus makes it clear to the Pharisees that they believed not in His miracles, because they were not His sheep. “Jesus answered them, I told you, but you believe not, because you are not of my sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish,” John 10:25-27


When we say we believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior; that means we either believe in His miracles … or we are not His sheep.

Do you really believe in miracles?

Well that naturally leads us to the question: what miracles?
The answer to that is simple:

... all of them.


Simply click on the highlighted verses to have your faith increased as you review the miracles of our savior, witnessed by thousands who as a result, were compelled to believe. Do not allow for yourself to continue to be blinded as the Pharisees were blinded … by principalities, by powers, by the rulers of the darkness of this world, and by spiritual wickedness in high places.

These miracles are living proof of the one and only Savior of mankind.

The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Ghost - Luke 1:35
Star of Bethlehem - Matthew 2:1-9
Water made wine - John 2:1-11
Demoniac cured in synagogue at Capernaum - Mark 1:23; Luke 4:33
Cure of nobleman's son, Capernaum - John 4:46-54
Impotent man at Bethsaida cured - John 5:1-9
Cure of two blind men - Matt 9:27-31
Piece of money in the fish's mouth - Matt 17:24-27
The deaf and dumb man - Mark 7:31-37
The blind man of Bethsaida - Mark 8:22-26
Jesus passes unseen through the crowd - Luke 4:28-30
The miraculous draught of fishes - Luke 5:4-11
The raising of the widow's son at Nain - Luke 7:11-18
The woman with the spirit of infirmity - Luke 13:11-17
The man with the dropsy - Luke 14:1-6
The ten lepers - Luke 17:11-19
The healing of Malchus - Luke 22:50-51
Man born blind cured - John 9:1-7
Lazarus raised from the dead - John 11:38-44
Draught of fishes - John 21:1-14
Syrophoenician woman's daughter cured - Matt 15:28; Mark 7:24
Four thousand fed - Matt 15:32; Mark 8:1
Fig tree blasted - Matt 21:18; Mark 11:12
Centurion's servant healed - Matt 8:5; Luke 7:1
Blind and dumb demoniac cured - Matt 12:22; Luke 11:14
Peter's wife's mother cured - Matt 8:14; Mark 1:30; Luke 4:38
The tempest stilled - Matt 8:23; Mark 4:37; Luke 8:22
Demoniacs of Gadara cured - Matt 8:28; Mark 5:1; Luke 8:26
Swine rush into and drown - Mark 5:1-20
Leper healed - Matt 8:2; Mark 1:40; Luke 5:12
Jairus's daughter raised - Matt 9:23; Mark 5:23; Luke 8:41
Woman's issue of blood cured - Matt 9:20; Mark 5:25; Luke 8:43
Man sick of the palsy cured - Matt 9:2; Mark 2:3; Luke 5:18
Man's withered hand cured - Matt 12:10; Mark 3:1; Luke 6:6
A lunatic child cured - Matt 17:14; Mark 9:14; Luke 9:37
Two blind men cured - Matt 20:29; Mark 10:46; Luke 18:35
Jesus walks on the sea - Matt 14:25; Mark 6:48; John 6:15
Jesus feeds 5,000 “in a desert place” - Matt 14:15; Mark 6:30; Luke 9:10; John 6:1-14
The transfiguration - Matt 17:1-8)
The resurrection - John 21:1-14
Inspiration of Scripture by God - 2 Tim. 3:16
Many fulfilled prophecies - Micah 5:2; Hag. 2:6-9; Isa. 7:14; 9:6, 7; 11:1, 2; 53; 60:10, 13; Ps. 16:11; 68:18; Matt. 10:23-24; 11:23; 19:28; 21:43, 44; 24; 25:31-46; 26:17-35, 46, 64; Mark 9:1; 10:30; 13; 11:1-6, 14; 14:12-31, 42, 62; 16:17


Do you really believe in the miracles of Jesus Christ?

I believe in all of them!

I believe in His creation of the universe and all things that this creation entails.

Next we will look into the miracle of His plans for the nation of Israel, and the rest of us as well. But make no mistake; God’s plan is first about His chosen people of Israel.


And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said to him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be you perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly. And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, As for me, behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations. Neither shall your name any more be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made you. And I will make you exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come out of you. And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your seed after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God to you, and to your seed after you. And I will give to you, and to your seed after you, the land wherein you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God. Genesis 17:1-8

God bless you my friends, Bob

1 comment:

  1. Finding it difficult to believe in miracles is so not new, not confined to Jewish leaders of Jesus' time either. Thomas Jefferson deserves our respect as a political leader in this country, yet his beliefs are foreign to us as Christians. So different that he rewrote the New Testament removing the miracles. I read them and I believe them. My God is able.

    ReplyDelete