Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Dream That Never Dies ...

Here is a tribute to all of the men and women
who defended our freedom so many years ago.


ENJOY ....

Notes from the owner of the video: 65 Years Ago my Dad shot this film along Kalakaua Ave. in Waikiki capturing spontaneous celebrations that broke out upon first hearing news of the Japanese surrender. Kodachrome 16mm film: God Bless Kodachrome, right? I was able to find an outfit (mymovietransfer.com) to do a much superior scan of this footage to what I had previously posted, so I re-did this film and replaced the older version There are more still images from this amazing day, in color, at discoveringhawaii.com
===================================================================

Hopefully many in the newer generations will catch the spirit
of those common people who made America the greatest country to ever exist.

I hope you had an incredible Independence Day!

God Bless you my friends, Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment